Randolph, Morris County, New Jersey
Friends Meeting House & Cemetery Association
Historic Preservation Plan, Design and Contract Documents
for Exterior Restoration and Site Upgrades
The Meeting House, constructed in 1758, is the oldest surviving wood-frame Quaker meeting house in New Jersey that has not been substantially remodeled or expanded and the only surviving example of wood-frame meeting house attributed to John “Preacher” Vail. The members of the Quaker community, primarily from Mendham and Randolph, played important roles in the development of these rural community from the mid-eighteenth century until 1865 when the Meeting was stood down.
Connolly & Hickey prepared a Historic Preservation Plan for the Randolph Friends Meeting House, which is currently guiding a multi-phase restoration and rehabilitation. The Project includes restoration of the wood shingle roof, exterior siding and trim, windows and doors, repair of interior finishes and features including improving lighting and security measures and providing new parking and barrier-free upgrades.